Scholarship Opportunity and Professional Development Activities!
NSF INCLUDES Alliance:
The Alliance of Students with Disabilities for Inclusion, Networking, and Transition Opportunities in STEM (TAPDINTO-STEM)
Join our program and get valuable peer and faculty mentoring to help you succeed in your STEM major! This collaborative project is funded by the National Science Foundation (based at Auburn University) with the goal of increasing the quantity and quality of students receiving degrees in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) disciplines.
Compensation: Participants in the TAPDINTO -STEM UT program will each receive a $500 scholarship per semester.
- Be an undergraduate student enrolled at the University of Tennessee-Knoxville
- Pursue an undergraduate degree in science, technology, engineering, or mathematics (STEM) disciplines
- Be a U.S. Citizen or permanent resident
- Have a cumulative 3.0 GPA
- Participate in mentoring activities on topics such as time-management, study-skills, advice on course selection, applying for STEM internships, preparing for STEM careers or graduate school, and more. Approximately 5 meetings (50 minutes each) in this semester. Students will meet in smaller cohort groups a few times also.
- Continue to pursue a degree in a STEM discipline while in the program
Application Requirements DEADLINE September 1, 2022
- Completed application form: TAPDINTO-STEM-Application
- Copy of transcript (unofficial is fine)
- Short essay about your college and career goals (Limit: 1 page)
- If you are not already registered with UT’s Student Disability Services, verification of a disability with the office. Contact David Ndiaye, Director of Student Disability Services, email@example.com if you have questions.
Space in this program is limited. Application selections will be made by a committee of UTK faculty and staff. Send your application materials to. Suzanne Lenhart at firstname.lastname@example.org