The UT Math Department is committed to fostering community among undergraduate students who share an interest in math. Here’s some ways to get involved:
- Math Major Social Hour – Connect with fellow math majors at this weekly gathering, held on the 4th floor of Ayres 3:00-4:00 on Thursdays (during the regular semesters).
- Math Club is a student-led group that promotes social and academic events for math majors and students interested in math. For more information, contact the faculty advisor Dr. Luis Finotti (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Junior Colloquium – These talks highlight the world of mathematics outside of the regular curriculum. Previous subjects have ranged from quaternions to soap bubbles to tornadoes.
- Putnam Exam – Join other students as you prepare to compete in this national competition.
- Student Organizations – The Math Department supports student chapters for three national organizations: