About the Board of Visitors
The Board of Visitors is a group of Mathematics Department advocates that serves to advance the Mathematics Department goals and improve the Department’s image in the United States and world-wide. Board of Visitors members represent a broad array of expertise, interests and connections, and serve as ambassadors and strategic partners for the Department.
Membership is open to any UT Mathematics Department alumni and other advocates that support the Mathematics Department goals and improve the department’s image. Membership is granted after completion and receipt of a membership application and annual gift to the Board of Visitors Initiatives Fund. All voting memberships shall be granted upon a majority vote of the board.
- Launch Newsletter
- Enhance Annual Honors Day
- Enhance Alumni Event at the Joint Mathematics Meeting
- Plan for Relaunch of Pro2Serve Math Contest
Board members are required to give annually to the Mathematics Department Board of Visitors Initiatives Fund. Gifts to this fund may be made by credit card through the Mathematics Department Giving Page or by check through this form.
- Non-voting members: $15+ for students, $100+ for K-12, $250+ for Higher Ed
- Non-voting Sustainer member: $500+ (will be mentioned in the newsletter)
- Voting Supporter member: $1,000+ (will be mentioned in the newsletter)
- Voting Business member: $5,000+ (will be mentioned in the newsletter)