Opening for Spring 2024 semester is Monday January 29th.
Monday – Thursday 10:00 am to 7:00 pm
Friday 10:00 am to 3:00 pm
Sunday 3:00 pm to 7:00 pm
Exceptions to our regular schedule
• Sunday February 11th We will be closed.
• Labor Day weekend We will close at 3 PM on Friday, Sep. 1st and reopen on Tuesday, Sep. 5th.
• Fall Break We will close at 3:00 pm on Friday, Oct. 6th and reopen on Wednesday, Oct. 11th.
• Thanksgiving Break We will close at 3:00 pm on Tuesday, Nov. 21st and reopen on Monday, Nov. 27th.
• Last day of classes We will close at 3:00 pm on Wednesday, Dec 6th.
Want to join The Math Place staff?
The Math Place is fully staffed for the Fall 2023 semester and is not accepting applications at this time.
Employment: To apply, complete this application form. The form will require you to submit an unofficial copy of your college transcript(s) [The department can obtain your UT transcript at no cost with your permission] and provide the names and email addresses of two math instructors that we can send recommendation forms to on your behalf.
Qualifications: A person may possibly be hired specifically for their ability to help students with Math 115 Statistical Reasoning or Math 123 Finite Mathematics. All others are required to have completed through at least Math 142 Calculus 2 at the absolute minimum. It is preferred that applicants have completed at least two of the 200 level courses, Math 231 Differential Equations, Math 241 Calculus 3 and Math 251 Matrix Algebra.